CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Cute Quote

Worth Watching

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Rural V. Urban Questions and Adjectives.

1. Living in a hectic overly populated enviorment during the early 1900’s would have most definately installed a sense of fear and alienation in me upon first moving in. The transition from being in a small town that is comfortable, quiet, and where each person seems to know everyone and where everything is in the town, to settling in a big city filled with all varieties of people, different mannerists of personality, and new inventions that seem foreign would intimidate me or make me seem inferior. I would have had a feeling that I was not “civilized” enough to live in such an environment when I am used to being accepted upon my social class in a dormant area. Eventually, I would find myself becoming adapted to city life and using these new technological advances to my advantage. Instead of walking, I would find myself taking the train to work while not having a stare or a hungry malicious glare on me because I do not look like that particular person. City life could also help me shape my individuality. Due to the leniency during that era, I could allow myself to reshape my look into something completely unfamiliar. City life could help me discover who I truly was and grant me the opportunities to be more open while giving me a chance to explore new things that I never would have seen if I had stayed in my small-town home.
2. The people walking in the streets and on small paved sidewalks really stand out to me because it signals that city life certainly grew greatly populated than the average small town. For people to have to walk in streets because their local sidewalk could not accommodate them showed me that, more than likely, competition jobs and living spaces were in effect due to limited positions but mass amounts of people.
3. Riding a subway for the very first time during the early 1900’s era would have scared me near sudden cardiac arrest. Since the train would be underground and run on two metal poles that seem much too small to carry such a large load, my first thoughts would immediately come to the conclusion that either the ceiling would fall on top of me or the train would slide off the parallel poles and then I would die. My negative thoughts might actually keep me away from a subway for a while because, to this day, I hate being underground in cramped spaces.
4. Despite my personal dislike for city subways, majority of city people might come to respond quite positively towards a city’s advances. The commute from point (A) to point (B) would be much faster on the renovated public transportation, the view of the city would be much broader than before due to the new methods of exploration of a metropolis, and passengers have a chance to encounter new people from all walks of life. With new methods of seeing the city, not only does the average city explorer get the opportunity to see new heights and views of his town from a new and improved perspective, but also has the ability to meet the people he may have never encountered elsewhere. These methods help build strong friendships and understand amongst cultures; as well as promote diversity in interracial dating.


ADJECTIVES:

Metropolis
Diversity
Interracial
Expedition
Overly-Populated
Hectic
Mannerists

0 comments: